Rotary Club of Bendigo South Key Projects & Goals:
- Build stronger connections and partnerships with local schools, through our Scholarships and mock job interview programs.
- Build connections with local community and indigenous groups, through our involvement with organisations such as Ironbark Gully Friends Association.
- Support Rotary International through the End Polio Now campaign, through fundraisers such as our recent film night.
- Support the End Trachoma by 2020 project.
- Regular hosting of international exchange students.
- Involvement with Science and Engineering programs aimed at secondary school students.
- Hosting of bi-annual concerts at Ulumbarra theatre to raise funds for theatre equipment and musical bursaries.
- Regular fundraising for Lifeline and mental health causes.
- Support for Seven Women – Nepal.
- Regular donations of equipment and funds to Donations in Kind warehouse in Melbourne, where donated items can be shipped anywhere in the world where the need may be greatest.
- Explore our Key Goals and Objectives for 2018-19
- Christmas Trailer Raffle (from 2020 onwards).
The Rotary Club of Bendigo South has an active membership of Rotarians and Friends, with the above list outlining only some of the many and varied ways we work within the community. The Rotary Club of Bendigo South donating audio visual equipment to Ulumbarra theatre, accompanied by the Victorian Welsh Choir, who have performed at two of our past fundraiser concerts. Allyson Fonseca (formerly of Win News) speaking about mental health at our recent Lifeline fundraiser dinner. Find out more about our Club Projects at the links below.
Community ServiceThe Rotary Club of Bendigo South is involved in many community service activities around the community. Some of these include: Camp Getaway (a camp venue located in Axedale, for community usage and hire) Adopt a Highway...
Environmental Projects – Bushfire RecoveryThroughout the past twelve months, the Rotary Club of Bendigo South has been working in conjunction with many other Rotary Clubs from across the various districts to undertake an environmental project aimed at replanting native...
International ProjectsSome of the projects and areas which our Club has assisted include: Providing scholarships to 4 girls in Maubisse, Timor Leste, so they can attend secondary school from Year 10 through to Year 12 With...
ScholarshipsThe Rotary Club of Bendigo South gives out multiple scholarships to local students at a secondary school level. These scholarships are each named after much-loved and respected current and former members of the Club. Each...
Science & Engineering ChallengeFor over 15 years, The Rotary Club of Bendigo South has conducted the Science and Engineering Challenge competition for Central Victoria. This event takes place in partnership with Newcastle University. The challenge is aimed at...